South India- Kerela Discovery 11 Days/10Nights
Kerala is a land of rivers, backwaters, the verdant paradise, exotic coconut palms and wonderful beaches , trip starting with wonderful Kathakali dance performance to relax in backwater cruises. Starts KOCHI /Ends TRIVANDRUM
Tour code: JRI
Tour code: JRI
Day 1: Australia to Kochi
Fly with your preferred airlines enjoy the food, get excited for your trip and sit back and relax
Day2: Arive Kochi
Welcome to Incredible India, You are in Kochi also called aas Cochin and Ernakulam. Meet and greet at the airport and evening is free for leisure. Evening is free for you to explore the city at your own pace. Later watch “Kathakali Performance”. Get your complimentary HENNA Tatoo .Stay at Kochi Hotel.
Day3: Kochi sightseeing to Munnar
After breakfast enjoy City tour of Cochin – Visit the Mattancherry Dutch Palace – (closed on Fridays and public holidays), which was built by the Portuguese in 1555 and renovated by the Dutch in 1663. Visit a Jewish Synagogue-(closed on all Saturdays and Jewish holidays) in Jew Town and Fort Cochin Area. There are a couple of streets of picture-postcard houses out of another age. Visit St. Francis Church – (closed for visitors on Sundays from 08.00 to 11.00 hrs) the oldest European Church in India. It has several antiquities including a wealth of records. See the Chinese Fishing Nets, along the tip of Fort Cochin unique to this part of Kerala and living symbols of a centuries-old Chinese influence on this coast. Later depart to Munnar by road. Arrive Munnar and transfer to hotel
Day4: Munnar Sightseeing
After breakfast, go for a sightseeing tour of Munnar. Enjoy the serene views which Munnar offers owing to its famous tea plantations, and visit Eravikulam National Park to watch the rich flora and fauna of the region. (Eravikulam National Park is shut from 15 Jan to 15 Mar; during these dates Park visits cannot be done but all other sightseeing tours shall be provided as per the itinerary). In the afternoon, visit Mattupetty Lake and Dam and Echo Point, famous for its echo phenomenon. Time permitting, we will visit the Tea Museum (closed on Monday & Good Friday) & Overnight at the hotel.
Day5: Munnar to Thekkady
Today after breakfast depart for Thekkady by road. Arrive Thekkady and transfer to hotel. The town also houses one of world’s most fascinating natural wildlife sanctuaries. Lying at an altitude of 700-1900m above sea level, Periyar has a cool and comfortable climate. In the afternoon, proceed for the nearby activity camp. Enjoy ride through a small spice plantation and witness Kalaripayattu – an ancient South Indian martial art and one of the oldest fighting systems in existence today. Visit the spice market at Kumily where you can buy fresh spices. Overnight at the hotel
Day6: Thekkady – Kumarakom
Today morning enjoy boat ride on Lake Periyar. The Park encompasses 26 sq. km. of artificial lake take a boat ride on the lake to view wild life and water birds. Herds of elephants and bison come to the lake to drink water. Return to hotel, checkout and depart for Kumarakom by road. Evening Sunset Cruise on backwaters.Overnight stay at Cruise.
Day7: Kumarakom to Poovar
Proceed to Poovar (16 kms from Kovalam) by road. After arrival in Poovar, check in at the hotel. Spend the day at the beautiful beach of Kovalam. Overnight at the hotel.
Day8: Kovalam – Kanyakumari Excursion
Today after breakfast proceed for excursion of Kanyakumari – An inspiring spiritual joint of India & also meeting point of three major sea (Arabian Sea, Indian Ocean and Bay of Bengal); En route visit the Padmanabhapuram Palace (Palace of Marthanda Varma – Padmanabhapuram Palace is located close to the town of Thuckalay in Kanyakumari District, Tamilnadu). Reach Kanyakumari and visit Vivekananda Memorial rock by boat (on direct payment basis), Statue of Thiruvalloor, Gandhi Mandapam and temple of Goddess Kanyakumari. Enjoy Sunset from the tip of India. In the late afternoon return to Poovar. Overnight in the hotel.
Day9: Poovar to Trivandrum
Today after breakfast depart for Trivandrum by road, enjoy evening your way, go for bit of shopping and ready to leave tommarow.
Day 10: Trivandrum to Australia
After breakfast,for onwards journey. Transfer to airport in time to board your flight. Tour concludes please proceed to Kochi International airport for flight back home.
Day11: Arive Australia
Finally home with lots of memories
Dates & prices
- Kochi- Kathakali Performance, Mattancherry Dutch Palace, Jewish Synagogue, Francis Church
- Munnar: Tea plantations, Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Lake and Dam and Echo Point
- Thekkady:Periyar Nature Park, Kalaripayattu – an ancient South Indian martial art
- Spice market at Kumily, Boat ride on Lake Periyar
- Kumarakom: Sunset Cruise on backwaters
- Poovar: Beautiful beach of Kovalam
- Kanyakumari: Meeting point of three major sea, Padmanabhapuram Palace, Swami Vivekananda Memorial rock, Thiruvalloor, Gandhi Mandapam, Goddess Kanyakumari
- No Single extra to share with same sex, Private Single supplement available
- Private tour Supplement available
- Airport Arrival & Departure Transfers
- Daily Breakfast
- 1Nights accommodation in Kochi
- 2 Nights accommodation in Munnar
- 1 Night accommodation in Thekkady
- 1 Night houseboat at backwatercruising
- 1 Night accommodation in Kovalam
- 1 Night accommodation in Poovar
- 1 Night accommodation in Trivandrum
- Guided Sightseeing as per itinerary
- English speaking local guide
- Entrance fees to the monuments as per itinerary
- All domestic taxes
- All transportation using air conditioned vehicle
- Camera fees at the monuments.
- Any Air fare
- Australia airport transfers
- Tips and gratuities.
- Medical & Travel Insurance.
- Expenses of a personal nature such as laundry, beverages, telephone calls, Tips etc.
- Any other expenses not covered above.
- Anything not mentioned in itinerary